"Visiting cards" of Armenia: Garni and Geghard
Garni is the only pagan temple in the entire post-Soviet territory. You will hear its rich history, see the ruins of the Royal Palace and a Roman bath with a mosaic of tens of thousands of pieces of natural stones. And also climb a high plateau and enjoy the view of the picturesque gorge of the Azat River! Next, we will go to the Geghard monastery complex (XIII century). I will introduce you to the peculiarities of the "golden age" of Armenian architecture and show you one of its best examples — a temple carved right into the rock.
Sevan is one of the largest lakes in the Caucasus, located in a mountain bowl at an altitude of 1900 meters above sea level. You will climb the stairs to the Sevan Peninsula, from where an incredible panoramic view opens up. Next, visit the Sevanavank Monastery, built by Princess Mariam in honor of her late husband in the 9th century. You will also learn what a "khachkar" is, and see one of the most beautiful khachkars in Armenia, dedicated to the Savior.
• The excursion takes place in 4-seater or 7-seater cars;
• The tour for you will be led by me or another guide from our team.
- Russian and English speaking guide
- A bottle of water for everyone
- Entrance ticket to Garni temple (1500 AMD / person)
- Personal expenses (food, souvenirs, etc.)
Nalbandyan str. 7
- Garni Temple
- Geghard Monastery
- Lake Sevan
- Sevanavank monastery
Daily at 09:00