SOFIA CITY TOUR
Sofia sightseeing! Make your own unforgettable tour in Sofia. See the best places in the city.
Avoid the restrictions of a group excursion and discover the historic capital at your own pace on an audio-guided tour of Sofia, with commentary available in multiple languages. Be immersed in the city’s atmosphere as you stroll between top attractions, and take advantage of the self-led nature of the tour to depart at a time that suits you. Learn about Sofia’s history and culture from your audio-guide Explore at your own pace, at a time that suits you Stroll by several top landmarks, including the Ivan Vazov National Theatre Receive a 10% discount in 2 city restaurants.
Acquaintance with her Majesty Sofia begins in the heart of the city on Theatre square. Here is the border between the old and the new city.
• You will pass through the real streets of the Roman Heart opened underground. Today these are underground passages and Museum complexes, some of which are located in the metro stations Serdika I and Serdika II.
• The pride of Sofia are the oldest operating churches in Europe-the Roman rotunda of St. George III-IV centuries. Basilica of St. Sophia V-VI centuries. A special place is the main temple of the country-the temple — monument Alexander Nevsky.
• In one of the squares, on the territory of the former Embassy of the Russian Empire, a small gold-domed Russian Church of St. Nicholas attracts the eye. • Once on the Tolerance square, you will simultaneously see the main temples of several religions: the Muslim Mosque, the Jewish Synagogue, the Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church.
• They are a vivid example of historical good-neighborliness and peaceful cohabitation of different nationalities.
Map of Sofia with top 25 Historical places
Audio Guide - ENG | FR | SP | IT | RU | BG |
Entrance tickets to museums
You can rent a device and make the tour: every day from 9:30-18:00 h
1. National Theatre Ivan Vasov
2. Ethnographic Museum
3. Russian Church
4. Mon. to the “Tsar-Liveration”
5. st. Kl. Ohridski Sofia University
6. Alexander Nevski Cathedral
7. Ivan Vazov’s Grave
8. Eternal Flame
9. st. Sophia Cathedral
10. Monument of Tsar Samuel
11. Militia Monument
13. East Gate
14. Largo Place
15. st.Petka Church
16. Ancient Serdica Complex I and II
19. Triangle Tower
20. Synagogue. Khali
21. Catholic Church
22. Statue of st. Sofia
23. st. George Rotonda Church
24. Residence of the President
25. Café «Museum»
Sofia, ul. "Ivan Vazov" 2