CITY ESCAPE: 9 Hours Golden Ring Private Tour
* Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel early morning, at 7:30 am and then set off for a full day countryside trip. We will ride on a business class car around 80 km towards the town of Sergiev Posad, one of the Golden Ring towns. First, visit a famous Russian Orthodox retreat temple Chernigov Skit for early morning church service.
* After the service, continue to the private villagers life museum and then finally reach St Sergius Monastery. Enjoy a walking tour, visit 16th century temples, look at famous paintings of Andrey Rublyov and learn about Russian history. Along the way, you will have a chance to try a famous Russian Summer drink, called kvas (if your trip is during the summertime) with famous Russian pastries called pirozhki. Take a break for lunch in a nice cafe where you will have a chance to try dishes from Russian or soviet cuisine.
* After lunch we have on potion to do something creative with our hands. If you like, we can do a mater class of matryoshka painting or church candles making from real wax. After our class we will have a nice walk around Lavra and will visit the fresh water spring.
* The final stop of the day is a Abramtsevo estate, a 19th century retreat for Russian writers and painters, a gorgeous place to learn about the russophile movement and relax before transferring back to Moscow. You will be dropped off at your hotel between 5 to 6pm at the conclusion of your tour. Feel free to ask questions and your guide will share some useful information and suggestions on what to do and to see best in Moscow.
|City Escape: 9 Hours Golden Ring Private Tour||14000 ₽||per group|
* Private car tour with a guide, a lot of walking included
* Kvas tasting (traditional Russian Summer drink)
* Entrance fee to the Abramtsevo estate
* Photos of you, taken by your guide
* Drinking water
* Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected areas only)
* Entrance fees to additional museum areas
* Underground Church tour at Chernigov Skit
* Matryoshka painting and Candles making master class fee
* Food and drinks, unless specified
* Gratuities (appreciated!)
* St Sergius Monastery
* Chernigov Skit
* Museum of Villagers everyday life
* Matryoshka painting masterclass
* lunch with vareniki (dumplings)
* Holy Springs
* estate Abramtsevo (if we have time)
Pickup from your hotel (inside MKAD)
CITY ESCAPE: 9 Hours Golden Ring Private Tour - customer reviews
Reviews of other tours by Anton
Anton and Julia was the perfect hosts and made the day most enjoyable. They were entertaining and knowledgeable about the places we visited and took us to a little village to meet locals and view the summer houses.
Julia is a beautiful lady that makes you feel at home and takes beautiful photos of the day and the experience. We highly recommend going on a trip with them!!
Anton and Julia were very warm and accommodating guides. They gathered information and thoughtfully crafted our tour to our interests.
My only suggestion is that the restaurant choice for lunch did not have much ambience or food that would please most western tourists. I'd recommend going up a level or two in restaurant quality. However, it was for locals which we appreciated.we did love the monastery, though!
We wish all the best to Julia and Anton!
Marilyn and Asia Hunt10 months ago
Nice to discover the other side of Moscow, not the known places.
Informative and very interesting!
Definitely worth to do!
Very interesting to learn about the "other side" of Moskou with a local guide.12 months ago
Good way to explore an other part of Moskow, a part you normally do not meet if you follow just the highlights by travel guide books.
Good guide Anton12 months ago